If you live in the Stockbridge
area and have a problem or query about a home computer I may be able to
I worked for IBM for most of my life before
"semi-retiring" in 2005 and now help local residents with computer problems.
This is a local service - half hobby, half business -
most of my customers live within 5 miles and I know them personally. I am
willing to travel a bit further but I would have to charge for travel time.
I can usually help with anything relating to Microsoft
products (Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Office including Outlook,
Word, Excel and PowerPoint etc). I don't
know much about Apple and I can't mend hardware (although I may be able to
direct you to someone who can)
I have no links with any other organisation so I can
provide truly independent advice.
I charge £30 an hour.
- Advice on choosing a computer, broadband and
- Setting up computer, broadband, wireless etc
- Creating and running a simple web site
- Solving problems - e-mail, unable to log on,
inexplicable error messages
Click here for recent examples.
- ad hoc telephone and e-mail queries on day to day
problems using your computer.
- if you wish I can install software which allows
me to log on and diagnose and fix many problems remotely.
- store key passwords in encrypted form.